Work first began in AKZ in the fall of 2010. By June of 2011 a group was gathering weekly for Bible study. The first of several believers were baptized in the fall of 2011. Today nearly twenty baptized believers from three villages gather weekly for worship. Their worship looks a lot like Acts 2:44-47
And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
The baptized beleivers of AKZ gathered for a picture before going to the river to baptize Papan’i Dery’s daughter.
Tim is discipling Ramano. He is growing in faith and boldly sharing the gospel with others. Recently he preached to the group gathered on Sunday morning in AKZ. He is considered a leader by the group and is eager to learn from the Bible about the Gospel and Jesus’ Church.
Pray for Ramano:
- that God continues to sustain his desire to learn the Word.
- that he grow in personal holiness before the Lord.
- that is bold to share the gospel with other men.
- that he lead his family with wisdom, shepherding their hearts with love.
Lolo, Ramano’s wife, is very outspoken about how Jesus changed her life. She invites people into her home and shares the gospel with them over a meal. She frequently receives Ravola, an abandoned mother of three, into her home for meals. She has a lot of influence among the women of AKZ and uses that leadership to make Jesus famous.
Pray for Lolo:
- for God to increase her influence in the lives of the women around her.
- as she serves others in her home as a way to share the gospel.
- to set an example for the younger women in the group of believers.
Before Papan’ i Dery met Jesus he loved Toka-gasy, locally brewed sugarcane liquor. Tim remembers a few Bible studies in 2011 when Papan’ i Dery showed up lit. Now, he has repented of his alcoholism and believed the gospel. Jesus changed his life; The Holy Spirit is empowering him to live sober at the feet the of Jesus. He is growing in knowledge of the Bible and is showing interest in shepherding the beleievers in AKZ.
Pray for Papan’ i Dery:
- to boldly share his testimony with others to show that Jesus has power over death, sin and addictions.
- to endure in personal holiness as the group compares his life to the qualifications of an elder from 1 Tim. 3
- to set an example by faith for his family.